Historically top-quality rendered photographs, well-written descriptions, floor plans, display homes and architectural models have all dominated off-the-plan marketing.
While you might think these are all equally important, research has found that the floorplan is king.
According to a survey by UK property website Rightmove, more than one-third of buyers are less likely to enquire about a property without a floorplan. And that one in five potential buyers ignore a listing that does not contain a floorplan.
If a 2D floor plan is King, then a 3D interactive floor plan must be an even higher order—it must be Queen.
What was previously considered an expensive and unnecessary tool, 3D visualisation is now gaining momentum as a unique selling point that offers a competitive edge to property developers and agents in a saturated market.
There are biggest advantage of an interactive 3D floor plan over 2D floor plans is the ability to walk around or fly through the interior and exterior of the development, which provides buyers who may be challenged with understanding 2D plans, a realistic feel for the space they are purchasing, eliminating the possibility of future disappointment.
But not all 3D visualisation services are the same and unwary developers may be lulled into falsely thinking they are keeping up with the discerning tastes of high-end buyers, when really they are simply paying a premium price for a not-so-premium product.
When you choose your 3D visualisation service provider ask yourself.
- Is it both mobile and tablet friendly which encourages more buyers to look at your property?
- Does it enable buyers to view and select between a choice of appliances, furnishings, colours, materials and textures in real time? This saves you the need for a colour consultant, while enabling the buyer to take as long as they like to switch between themes.
- Does this tailoring process generate an accurate schedule of items per apartment, saving on administrative costs and the potential for errors?
- Are your rendered photographs realistic or do they have an animated cartoon feel about them?
- Can your buyer fly around the interior of your design, seamlessly going wherever they choose, or do they have to follow a pre-determined path?
- Can your buyer see how the view changes from each balcony?
- Can your buyer see how the shadows are affected in their apartment according to the time of day?
- Lastly, compare the costs between services. Technology can be fickle and the high-end functionality you need is likely to cost the same as an inferior service.
In this relatively new marketplace where entrants are all jostling for the Queen’s crown, it pays to do your research to ensure you do your off-the-plan marketing the right way.